Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: Applied Music Fundamentals: Writing, Singing...
Verlag: Oxford University Press
Einband: Soft cover
This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Summary: "An excellent text that stands out from all of the other introductory texts!"--Anne Watson, Northeastern State University "The clarity of the writing, the logical organization of material, the variety of self-learning resources, and the comprehensive scope of the content are all unmatched by any other text available on the market."--Gerald Custer, Wayne State University. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_usedgood_0199846774
Inhaltsangabe: Applied Music Fundamentals: Writing, Singing, and Listening provides an engaging and interactive introduction to the fundamentals of music theory. A wealth of skills-based exercises and memorization strategies-both in the text and online-build mastery and fluency through varied repetition and offer students the opportunity to apply musical abilities and concepts. Through familiar examples and by placing the analysis and creation of music in a real-world context, Applied Music Fundamentals moves readers beyond mere rote memorization toward a thorough and more intuitive understanding of the key concepts that music theory students must know.
* Keyboard, Singing, and Hearing Exercises reinforce the crucial connection between sound and notation
* "Informed Listening" examples challenge students to analyze repertoire by ear in order to foster real-time musical understanding
* Short, portable "Drills to Go" help to reinforce skills and content outside of the classroom
* "Composition" exercises and "Challenge" examples give students the opportunity to think beyond the foundations introduced in each chapter and apply their acquired musical skills in a creative and personal way
· Marginal icons direct students to interactive musical examples on the book's website (www.oup.com/us/root), underscoring how listening helps them understand musical concepts
Instructors: Help your students practice and master basic music theory skills with Oxford's online Music Theory Skill Builder. Specially priced packages are available for this text. Contact your Oxford University Press representative for more information.
Über den Autor:
Jena Root is Associate Professor and Music Theory Coordinator for the Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University. She has also taught at St. Olaf College, Syracuse University, the National University of Singapore, and Shenandoah Conservatory.
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit: 7. Mai 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.