This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: The THIRD edition is now available at amazon.com/dp/B0055T4AOSThis second edition in paperback is discounted since the third edition was published but is ideal for writers who are seeking only print publication. Book Magic is indispensable for every writer who yearns to get published. Easy to read and practical, it provides all the information and tools you need to understand the publishing industry and increase your chances of getting commercially published or ably manage your own self-publication, in print or electronically.
Books are magic! They turn unknown writers into authors and, perhaps, even into household names. But publishing is a complex world, full of insider rules and financial constraints that, if not respected, cause good book ideas to vanish into thin air and writers to question their calling.
Aspiring authors will discover:
- how to weave some spells that boost your chances of getting published
- the wizardry surrounding agents, query letters, and phone calls to editors
- the crystal ball that interprets trends in the North American market, as well as what's happening in electronic and self-publishing
- how to disappear from the dreaded slush pile
- the magic bullets called book proposals, synopses, etc.
- how Canadian and American publishing scenes differ, and how approachable medium and small publishers really are
- how to shape-shift into an author with credentials
- electronic sorcery
- the enchantment of holding your first published book in your hand.
Über den Autor: Speaker and author of twenty nonfiction books and countless articles, Julie H. Ferguson, has done it all - commercial and self-publishing, print and electronic, short-run and POD. Since 1997 her instructional focus has been on the business of getting published. Today Julie guides emerging and experienced writers towards publishing success by demystifying the bewildering changes roaring through the industry and assisting writers to identify the best option for their projects.
Buchbeschreibung Beacon Publishing. Paperback. Buchzustand: POOR. Acceptable: Possible ex-library copy with the library's markings. May have moderate notes or highlighting. Will no longer have its dust jacket if applicable and accessories may no longer be included. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 2555457611