Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: Problem Solving for Oil Painters
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Idea Is There a Good Abstract Idea Underlying the Picture? What Details Could be Eliminated to Strengthen the Composition? Does the Painting "Read"? Could You Finish Any Part of the Painting? Shapes Are the Dominant Shapes as Strong and Simple as Possible? Are the Shapes Too Similar? Value Could the Value Range be Increased? Could the Number of Values be Reduced? Light Is the Subject Effectively Lit? Is the Light Area Big Enough? Would the Light Look Stronger with a Suggestion of Burnout? Do the Lights Have a Continuous Flow? Is the Light Gradated? Shadows Do the Shadow Shapes Describe the Form? Are the Shadows Warm Enough? Depth Would the Addition of Foreground Material Deepen the Space? Does the Background Recede Far Enough? Are the Halftones Properly Related to the Background? Solidity Is the underlying Form Being Communicated? Is the Symmetry in Perspective? Color Is There a Color Strategy? Could a Purer Color Be Used? Do the Whites Have Enough Color in Them? Are the Colors Overblended on the Canvas? Would the Color Look Brighter if it Were Saturated into its Adjacent Area? Paint Is Your Palette Efficiently Organized? Is the Painting Surface Too Absorbent? Are You Using the Palette Knife as Much as You Could? Are You Painting Lines When You Should Be Painting Masses? Are the Edges Dynamic Enough? Is There Enough Variation in the Texture of the Paint? From the Trade Paperback edition. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_new_0823044084
Inhaltsangabe: Finally - a book to help you solve all your painting problems!
Inside you'll learn how to study a painting and correct problematic areas. Study topics include:
- Is there a good abstract idea underlying the picture?
- What details could be eliminated to strengthen the composition?
- Does the painting have a focus?
- Are the unessential parts subbordinated?
- Does the painting "read"?
- Could you finish any part of the painting?
- Are the dominant shapes as strong and simple as possible?
- Are the shapes too similiar?
- Could the value range be increased?
- Could the number of values be reduced?
- Is the subject effectively lit?
- Is the light area big enough?
- Would the light look stronger with a suggestion of burnout?
- Do the lights have a continuous flow?
- Is the light gradiated?
- Do the shadow shapes describe the form?
- Are the shadows warm enough?
- Would the addition of foreground material deepen the space?
- Does the background recede far enough?
- Are the halftones properly related to the background?
- Is the underlying form being communicated?
- Is the symmetry in perspective?
- Is there a color strategy?
- Could a purer color be used?
- Do the whites have enough color in them?
- Are the colors overbended on the canvas?
- would the color look brighter if it were saturated into its adjacent area?
- Is your palette efficiently organized?
- Is the painting surface too absorbent?
- Are you using the palette knife as much as you could?
- Are you painting lines when you should be painting masses?
- Are the edges dynamic enough?
- Is there enough variation in the texture of the paint?
Über den Autor: Gregg Kreutz has won numerous honors as a student and professional painter. His paintings have been represented in many juried shows. Gregg is represented by the Fanny Garver Gallery as many others, including the Grand Central Galleries, New York, O'Brien's Art Emporium, and the Dirk Walker Gallery in Brimingham, Alabama. He teaches painting at Scottsdale (Arizona) Artists School, the Fechin Institute (New Mexico), and at the Art Students League in New York City where he lives.
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit: 7. Mai 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.