Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: A Treatise on True Theology with the Life of...
Verlag: Reformation Heritage Books
This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_usedgood_1601783418
Inhaltsangabe: Franciscus Junius (1545 1602) was an influential pastor and professor during the developmental years of Reformed orthodoxy. As a skilled linguist, biblical exegete, and theologian, Junius shaped the Reformed tradition in profound ways.
Junius's Treatise on True Theology is a scholastic introduction to the discipline of theology. He reflects on the definition of theology, where it comes from, and the variety of modes it takes. This book set a lasting pattern for many Reformed theologians in their approach to dogmatics, establishing a benchmark for theological prolegomena for years to come. Accompanying this work is The Life of Franciscus Junius, which provides an autobiographical account of the tumultuous days of Junius's life and the complex circumstances that the Reformed churches faced during the French and Spanish wars of religion.
Although Junius's significance in the history of Protestant theology is increasingly valued by historians, most of his impressive body of works is not available to English-speaking readers. David C. Noe's fine translation of these two important writings will certainly rectify this deficit. Readers are further aided by Willem van Asselt's valuable introductory essay, which offers a scholarly perspective on the treatise and on Junius's life and work in the context of the rise of Reformed scholasticism and orthodoxy.
Table of Contents:
Thirty-Nine Theses Are Demonstrated in this Treatise
1. Whether True Theology Exists
2. What Theology Is
3. How Many Parts Theology Contains
4. Concerning Archetypal Theology
5. What Ectypal Theology Is, and in How Many Parts It Consists
6. Concerning the Theology of union in Christ
7. Concerning the Theology of Vision in the Heavens
8. Concerning the Theology of Revelation in This Life
9. In How Many Parts the Mode of Communicating Theology Exists
10. Concerning natural Theology
11. Concerning Supernatural Theology
12. What Is Theology Stated Absolutely
13. Concerning the Material Cause of our Theology
14. Concerning the Formal Cause of our Theology
15. Concerning the Efficient Cause of our Theology
16. Concerning the End of our Theology
17. Concerning Theology in the Subject
18. The Conclusion of the Work
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit: 7. Mai 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.