There has not been a book like this for fifty years. In addition to many drawings and plates, the book contains discussions of general chick development and details of the research techniques used. This reference work is essential for researchers studying development and for molecular biologists and biochemists coming to the chick embryo for the first time. It is aimed at researchers, such as molecular geneticists, who wish to use the chick as their standard system, but need instruction on the developmental detail or techniques to use.
* Over 90 photographs of serial sections taken by light microscopy
* Detailed labelling and accompanying diagrams to clarify the position of each section
* Sections covering the period from immediately after fertilization until 13 days of incubation showing all the major anatomical events
* Award-winning plates of the whole embryo stained with aliarin and alcian blue to show skeletal development
* Extensive text and over 60 illustrations covering the development of the early embryo and the establishment of the organ systems
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Provides a comprehensive description of chick development from fertilization to hatchingAbout the Author:
BSc (hons) in Zooloy, University of Birmingham UK 1947
PhD in Zoology (Embryology), University of London 1951, supervised by Sir Gavin deBeer and Michael Abercrombie.
Apart from brief periods in Anatomy Department, Cambridge and Department of Biology, St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School, academic posts have all been at UCL (University College London). Retired 1991 as Emeritus Professor in Embryology.
Research predominantly on early chick embryos concerned mainly with problems of tissue interaction, gastrulation and segmentation.
Founder member of Embryologists’ Club, the predecessor of BSDB (British Society of Developmental Biology). Served on several editorial boards, including JEEM (now Development) and Anatomy and Embryology.
Publications: approximately 120, including 2 books, 5 edited books.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Buchzustand: New. book. Buchnummer des Verkäufers M0120847906