Zu dieser ISBN ist aktuell kein Angebot verfügbar.Alle Exemplare der Ausgabe mit dieser ISBN anzeigen:
Biografía del autor:
New edition of the introductory text, acclaimed for its well balanced coverage of classical and molecular genetics and its focus on genetic analysis and problem solving. The author team welcomes a new co-author, Sean B. Carroll, a recognized leader in the field of evolutionary development, to this new edition of Introduction to Genetic Analysis. The authors' ambitious new plans for this edition focus on showing how genetics is practised today. In particular, the new edition emphasizes how genetic analysis can be a powerful tool for answering biological questions of all types.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
* New organisation - the book has been strealined from 21 to 29 chapters to present a more modern organisation of topics
* New chapter: 'Evolutionary Development'
* New single column design and new colour palette
* Increased coverage of Genomics throughout
* Increased focus on modern research
* New end-of-chapter problems
* Companion Website at www.whfreeman.com/iga9e: Offers a range of study tools such as On-line Sample Tests, Step-Through and Continuous Play FLASH Animations, Interactive 'Unpacking the Problem', and Exploring Genomes: Web-Based Bioinformatics Tutorials.
* Solutions Mega Manual http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?PID=279805: Contains worked-out solutions to all the problems in the textbook.
LECTURER SUPPLEMENTS (Only available to confirmed adopters of the book - see below for details)
* Companion Website at www.whfreeman.com/iga9e: Includes all images from the text, 45 Step-through and Contimuous Play FLASH Animations, Solutions Manual, and Assessment Bank.
* Instructor's Resource CD-ROM (978-1-4292-0176-6): Contains all features available on the Companion Website.
* Overhead Transparancies (978-1-4292-0175-9).
Lecturers Supplements are available to confirmed adopters of the textbook. To request, please email email@example.com with the title and ISBN of the required supplement together with your academic details:
Your Job Title
Your academic address
Your academic email
Module start date
Module student numbers
ANTHONY J.F. GRIFFITHS is a Professor of Botany, Emeritus, at the University of British Columbia, Canada. Griffiths' research focuses on the developmental genetics of fungi, using the model fungus Neurospora crassa. He was President of the Genetics Society of Canada from 1987-1989.
SUSAN R. WESSLER is Distinguished Research Professor of Plant Biology and Genetics at the University of Georgia, USA. Wessler was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 1998. Her research focuses on plant transposable elements and the structure and evolution of plant genomes; she has published over 100 research articles on this area of research.
RICHARD C. LEWONTIN is the Alexander Agassiz Research Professor at Harvard University, USA. His area of research is population and evolutionary genetics. Lewontin introduced molecular methods into population genetics in 1996.
SEAN B. CARROLL is an Investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Professor of Molecular Biology and Genetics at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, USA, where he also teaches courses in genetics and evolutionary biology. Carroll is the acknowledged leader in the field of evolutionary developmental biology. He was nominated as a finalist in the LA Times Book Awards for his work Endless Forms Most Beautiful: The New Science of Evo Devo.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Zustand: New. This is Brand NEW. Bestandsnummer des Verkäufers Asian-19032018-2543