This comprehensive three-volume work on the French Revolution and Napoleon's rule and campaigns covers a wide range of military, political, social, and cultural events and personalities during a time of dramatic change in Europe.
· Nearly 900 A–Z entries on the military, political, cultural, and social aspects of the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars
· More than 100 contributors drawn from North America and across Europe, including a wide range of academics, independent historians, and others with specialist knowledge of their respective subjects
· Ten contextual essays providing useful background information on war, society, politics, science, diplomacy, art, and other subjects
· A range of primary source documents totaling more than 50,000 words, including first-hand accounts of battles, treaty texts, key state papers, and more
· Approximately 100 illustrations including battles on land and at sea; commanders representing all the major belligerent powers; and sovereigns and political leaders from a range of nations
· 65 maps, including depictions of Europe at the start and conclusion of the wars; major battles and campaigns, including troop movements; and the political changes produced by major treaties and international conferences including those at Campo Formio (1797), Amiens (1802), and the Congress of Vienna (1815)
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
The Napoleonic Era, from the fall of the Bastille to the emperor's exile, was not merely a tumultuous time in French history; it was one of Western civilization's most pivotal epochs. The social upheaval and destruction of the times, and the progressive ideas and political institutions that originated in this era, reshaped Europe forever, with repercussions felt in the Americas and around the world.About the Author:
Gregory Fremont-Barnes, PhD, is a professional writer. He is coauthor of ABC-CLIO's five-volume The Encyclopedia of the American Revolutionary War.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung ABC-CLIO, 2006. Hardcover. Buchzustand: New. 1. Buchnummer des Verkäufers DADAX1851096469
Buchbeschreibung ABC-CLIO, 2006. Hardcover. Buchzustand: New. Never used!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers P111851096469
Buchbeschreibung ABC-CLIO Ltd, 2006. HRD. Buchzustand: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Buchnummer des Verkäufers CA-9781851096466
Buchbeschreibung ABC-Clio, Incorporated. Buchzustand: New. pp. 1213. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 5624416
Buchbeschreibung Abc-Clio Inc, 2006. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Brand New. 1st edition. 1231 pages. 11.00x8.50x3.75 inches. In Stock. Buchnummer des Verkäufers __1851096469