The Complete Book of Corvette: Every Model Since 1953.
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlichAlle Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen
First edition. Hardback. Near fine in very good indeed dust jacket. Please be aware that this volume is very heavy and therefore extra postage will be requested. Buchnummer des Verkäufers A142193
Über diesen Titel:
The Complete Book of Corvette
Form truly followed function as each aesthetically pleasing crease and scoop played its part to make the 2014 Stingray the slickest, most slippery ?Vette yet. ?Every square inch of the 2014 Corvette?s exterior is designed to enhance high-performance driving,? claimed exterior design manager Kirk Bennion. ?The team delivered a great balance of low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability?all in a sculpted design that excites in all the ways that a Corvette has for six decades. ?Upgrading the cockpit was a prime goal with the 2014 Stingray. Prototypes were disguised to keep prying public eyes at bay when the car was tested on the street. Every aspect of the 2014 Stingray was designed for aesthetic beauty and high-speed performance. A preproduction Stingray coupe became the 12th Corvette to pace the Indy 500 in May 2013. The finalized Stingray design was first sculpted into a full-size clay model. 300 GM designers from around the world submitted their vision of the 2014 Stingray.
What a long, strange trip it?s been. Nearly cancelled a few years after its birth, rumored near death or dilution more than one time since, Chevy?s fantastic, plastic two-seater is rolling on more confidently than ever, this after six distinct generations of development.
2014 Corvette Stingray
- Model availability · hatchback coupe (with removable roof panel), convertible
- Construction · composite/carbon-fiber body panels, hydroformed aluminum frame with aluminum and magnesium structural and chassis components
- Wheelbase · 106.7 inches
- Length · 176.9 inches
- Width (without mirrors) · 73.90 inches
- Height · 48.8 inches (coupe), 49.5 inches (convertible)
- Track (front/rear, in inches) · 62.9/62.9
- Curb weight · 3,298 pounds (coupe), 3,362 pounds (convertible)
- Wheels · silver-painted aluminum five-spokes; 18x8.5 inches front; 19x10 inches rear
- Wheels (Z51) · silver-painted aluminum five-split spokes; 19x8.5 inches front; 20x10 inches rear
- Tires · Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat; P245/40ZR18 front, P285/35ZR19 rear
- Tires (Z51) · Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat; P245/35ZR19 front, P285/30ZR20 rear
- Brakes · power-assisted four-wheel discs with four-piston calipers and ABS
- Brake dimensions (diameter) · 12.6 inches front (13.6 inches with Z51); 13.3 inches rear
- Fuel tank · 18.5 gallons
- Suspension · short- and long-arm (SLA) double wishbone cast-aluminum control arms, transverse composite leaf springs, and stabilizer bars front and rear; monotube shock absorbers, StabiliTrak electronic stability control (Magnetic Selective Ride control with ZZ51)
- Steering · power-assisted, speed-sensitive, variable ratio rack and pinion
- Engine (LT1) · 6.2-liter (376-ci) direct-injection V-8 with overhead valves and castaluminum cylinder block and heads, 11.5:1 compression
- LT1 bore and stroke · 4.06x3.62 inches
- LT1 output · 455 horsepower at 6,500 rpm, 460 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm
- Standard transmission · Tremece TR6070 seven-speed manual with 2.66:1 low (2.97:1 low with Z51) and Active Rev Matching
- Optional transmission · Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed paddle shift automatic
- Axle ratio · 3.42: 1 (2.56:1 with automatic, 2.73:1 with Z51 automatic)
Titel: The Complete Book of Corvette: Every Model ...
Verlag: Motorbooks, St. Paul, MN, 2006
Zustand des Schutzumschlags: Dust Jacket Included
Auflage: 1st Edition
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Aldeburgh, Vereinigtes Königreich
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 10. September 2002
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Anbieterinformationen: We endeavour to fulfill the customers needs as efficiently as possible.