Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice (with MyEducationLab) (7th Edition)
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlichAlle Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_new_0131381296
Über diesen Titel:
Comprehensive Multicultural Education provides a balanced and comprehensive approach to multicultural education overview of the different types of diversity and practical strategies delivered through lesson plans and cases.
A balanced approach for pre-service teachers and others new to the field of multicultural education, this text presents interdisciplinary content through primary source material and vignettes of actual teachers and students. Providing an in-depth focus in key areas as well as a broad overview, Christine Bennett aims to help prepare teachers who are informed and caring advocates for students from all cultural, racial, socioeconomic, linguistic, and national backgrounds. Comprehensive Multicultural Education provides a teacher-tested curriculum development model accompanied by 26 lesson plans that focuses on core values, helping teachers make a stronger case for multicultural perspectives in their curriculums. Incorporating research from current sociology, history, and ethno-geography, the author makes key issues like immigration accessible for today?s teachers, emphasizing diversity within and across ethnic groups to help teachers understand interactions between students' cultural and individual differences.
Christine Bennett aims to help prepare teachers who are informed and caring advocates for students from all cultural, racial, socioeconomic, linguistic, and national backgrounds. Comprehensive Multicultural Education provides a curriculum model with six goals and numerous lesson plans illustrating how each goal can be implemented in the classroom. It emphasizes diversity within and across ethnic groups to help teachers understand students? cultural and individual differences. Incorporating research from current sociology, history, and ethnogeography, the author makes key issues like immigration accessible for today?s teachers.
New to This Edition
- Revision and expansion of Part II, ?Roots of Ethnic Diversity in the United States: The Conflicting Themes of Assimilation and Pluralism,? from two to four chapters.
- New coverage of contemporary immigration issues in schools (Ch. 8 & 9)
- New case study research by ethnogeographers provides representative examples of the immigrant experiences in the heartland, West Coast, and Southwest.
- Additions to the section on American Indians.
- New Chapter 10, ?Teaching and Learning in Linguistically Diverse classrooms.?
- Expansion of and greater emphasis on subjects such as the Achievement Gap, Poverty, and the needs of LGBT youth in Chapter 9, and White Privilege, difficulties with the U.S. Census racial categories, Multiracial Identities, and how race and culture are conceptually different in Chapter 2.
- Substantial updates to Resources for Further Study.
- New MyEducationLab site provides online assignments as extensions of text concepts.
What reviewers are saying:
"The examples and cases are students' favorites. The quality of the information presented [in this text] is excellent."
- Henry M. Codjoe, Dalton State College
?I like the emphasis placed on ethnic and national groups covered in Part II. Other texts don't cover this topic to the extent that this text does. I particularly like her treatment of immigration and how it has impacted our nation and our schools."
-Richard Orem, Northern Illinois University
?More areas of diversity were covered than are found in most texts of this nature. Overall, the writing style is great. It is easy to read, has a narrative feel."
-Anita Jones Thomas, Loyola University - Chicago
Titel: Comprehensive Multicultural Education: ...
Einband: Soft cover
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Lewiston, NY, USA
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 7. Mai 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.