Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
More than any other field in education, the social and cultural foundations of education reflect many of the conflicts, tensions, and forces in American society. This is hardly surprising, since the area focuses on issues such as race, gender, socioeconomic class, the impact of technology on learning, what it means to be educated, and the role of teaching and learning in a societal context.
The Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education provides a comprehensive introduction to the social and cultural foundations of education. With more than 400 entries, the three volumes of this indispensable resource offer a thorough and interdisciplinary view of the field for all those interested in issues involving schools and society.
· Provides an interdisciplinary perspective from areas such as comparative education, educational anthropology, educational sociology, the history of education, and the philosophy of education
· Presents essays on major movements in the field, including the Free School and Visual Instruction movements
· Includes more than 130 biographical entries on important men and women in education
· Offers interpretations of legal material including Brown v. Board of Education(1954) and the GI Bill of Rights
· Explores theoretical debates fundamental to the field such as religion in the public school curriculum, rights of students and teachers, surveillance in schools, tracking and detracking, and many more
· Contains a visual history of American education with nearly 350 images and an accompanying narrative
· Arts, Media, and Technology
· Economic Issues
· Equality and Social Stratification
· Evaluation, Testing, and Research Methods
· History of Education
· Law and Public Policy
· Multiculturalism and Special Populations
· Organizations, Schools, and Institutions
· Religion and Social Values
· School Governance
· Sexuality and Gender
· Theories, Models, and Philosophical Perspectives
· A Visual History of American Education
Über den Autor: Gene Provenzo is one of the nation?s leading scholars in the foundations of education. He holds the rank of full professor at the University of Miami. He has won numerous awards throughout his career in both teaching and research and sits on many editorial boards. He has authored over ten books and has contributed chapters to many more. He has authored scores of articles in a wide range of areas in education. His recent projects include Teaching, Learning, and Schooling (Allyn & Bacon, 2002), a critically-oriented introduction to the foundations of education textbook, and the forthcoming Readings in Educational Thought (SAGE, 2005).
Titel: Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural ...
Verlag: SAGE Publications, Inc
Zustand: very good
Buchbeschreibung SAGE Publications, Inc, 2008. Buchzustand: Good. 0th Edition. N/A. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP84217465
Buchbeschreibung Sage Pubns, 2008. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Fair. May include moderately worn cover, writing, markings or slight discoloration. SKU:9781412906784-4-0-3. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 9781412906784-4-0-3
Buchbeschreibung SAGE Publications, Inc, 2008. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Used: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 1412906784
Buchbeschreibung SAGE Publications, Inc, 2008. Hardcover. Buchzustand: New. book. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 1412906784