This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
The CMS Hospice Conditions of Participation requires Medicare-certified hospices to have an effective infection control program in place. Based on Beacon Health's best-selling IC program for homecare, this hospice-specific manual offers a step-by-step approach to creating a program that meets this requirement. This toolkit includes a section devoted to inpatient hospice units where special infection control measures must be considered.
Real-world examples and case studies, as well as customizable, reproducible forms will help you establish a program that educates hospice staff, caregivers, patients, and family members on ways to prevent the transmission of infectious and communicable diseases.
You will learn how to:
- Implement important protocols and quality improvement measures to prevent infections related to infusion therapy, urinary tract and respiratory tract care, wound care, and bloodborne and airborne pathogens
- Apply important contact, droplet, and airborne precautions in hospice inpatient units, where possibility of infection transmission is high
- Train staff on policies and procedures, measure and ensure competency, and monitor compliance
- Educate patients and caregivers on ways to prevent the spread of disease and infection
- Determine which personal protective equipment to consider for patient care and contact
Each chapter includes reproducible and customizable forms (in binder and on CD-ROM) to verify staff competency on each topic:
- Infection control program purposes and objectives
- Personal protective equipment for patient care and contact
- Infection control competencies
- Patient teaching programs
- Patient infection report
- Patient infection report summary log
Ideal for hospice educators, administrators, and directors.
Buchbeschreibung Hcpro Inc, 2010. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Brand New. 1st lslf edition. 253 pages. 11.25x11.00x2.25 inches. In Stock. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 1601467346