Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: Married and living in England under the name Michael Schaeffer, the assassin known as the Butcher's Boy is the target of a Mafia hit team sent to exact revenge for his deadly campaign against the Balacontano family years earlier. Schaeffer kills all three attackers, but he knows more will come and needs to find whoever sent them to end it once and for all.
Soon Elizabeth Waring, now high up in the Organized Crime Division of the Justice Department, receives a surprise late-night visit from the Butcher's Boy. Knowing she keeps track of the Mafia, he asks her who the three men work for. Not knowing they have been murdered, she gives him a name: Frank Tosca, an aspirant to the Balacontano throne. In exchange, he tells her about a murder Tosca committed over twenty years ago. So begins a new assault on organized crime, and the uneasy alliance between the Butcher's Boy and Waring, who trade current information for old secrets.
As the Butcher's Boy works his way ever closer to his quarry in an effort to protect his new way of life, Waring finds herself in a race against time, either to convince him to become a protected informant or to take him out of commission for good.
In Thomas Perry?s Edgar-winning debut The Butcher?s Boy, a professional killer betrayed by the Mafia leaves countless mobsters dead and then disappears. Justice Department official Elizabeth Waring is the only one who believes he ever existed. Many years later, the Butcher?s Boy finds his peaceful life threatened when a Mafia hit team finally catches up with him. He knows they won?t stop coming and decides to take the fight to their door.
Soon Waring, now high up in the Organized Crime Division of the Justice Department, receives a surprise latenight visit from the Butcher?s Boy. Knowing she keeps track of the Mafia, he asks her whom his attackers worked for, offering information that will help her crack an unsolved murder in return. So begins a new assault on organized crime and an uneasy alliance between opposite sides of the law. As the Butcher?s Boy works his way ever closer to his quarry in an effort to protect his new way of life, Waring is in a race against time, either to convince him to become a protected informant?or to take him out of commission for good.
Thomas Perry's Summer Reading List:
1) Lawrence Block, A Drop of the Hard Stuff. In this novel, Block brings back Matt Scudder, one of his great characters. Scudder has been sober for quite a few years, and now he is presented with a murder mystery within his circle of New York Alcoholics Anonymous members. The dialogue in this book is so concise and perfect in tone that the reader will wish he could follow Scudder around and overhear more of it. Block is one of the most respected mystery writers in America, and this new book, which was published in May, is a lesson in how to write.
2) Joe Gores, Spade and Archer. This is the final book of a fine writer who won three Edgar Awards and wrote numerous excellent books. He was also an expert on Dashiell Hammett, and in this is a prequel to The Maltese Falcon he writes in Hammett's style.
3) Josh Bazell, Beat the Reaper. Published in 2009, this first novel was written by a brilliant young man whose day job is being a doctor. It's original, witty, and maybe just a little bit crazy at times--the perfect book for summer. I believe we'll be reading Bazell's books for a long time, so it's time to begin.
4) Deon Meyer, Thirteen Hours. Meyer, who is South African, is gradually being noticed by other writers as a major talent. Thirteen Hours is one of the most suspenseful books I've ever read, and is a good introduction to his work.
5) John Sandford, Storm Prey. I chose this book, which came out in 2010, because it's recent, because it includes both Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers, and because I haven't yet read the book that came out in May, Buried Prey. But you can choose from any of his 40 others, and it will be well worth your time.
Buchbeschreibung Buchzustand: Good. Book Condition: Good. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 97814104392604.0
Buchbeschreibung Buchzustand: Very Good. Book Condition: Very Good. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 97814104392603.0
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Buchzustand: Good. Lrg. N/A. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP77061122
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Buchzustand: Very Good. Lrg. N/A. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP67519183
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Used: Very Good. Buchnummer des Verkäufers SONG1410439267
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Hardcover. Buchzustand: Very Good. Ex-library book in good condition with typical stamps and markings. Pages are clean and the binding is tight. LARGE PRINT ex-library book in good condition with typical stamps and markings. Pages are clean and the binding is tight. *NOTE* Stock photo may not represent the actual book for sale. Buchnummer des Verkäufers mon0000429066
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Hardcover. Buchzustand: New. Buchnummer des Verkäufers P111410439267
Buchbeschreibung Thorndike Press, 2011. Buchzustand: Used. This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_usedgood_1410439267