Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: Israel's First Fifty Years
Verlag: University Press of Florida
Zustand: very good
Gently used. Expect delivery in 2-3 weeks. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 9780813018195-3
"Deals authoritatively with some of the most critical issues facing Israel in the last half-century. The authors write with objectivity, presenting original insights in a diverse range of subjects."--Don Peretz, emeritus professor of political science, State University of New York at Binghamton
This comprehensive review of the first 50 years of Israel?s existence surveys the major events of its history as well as the underlying trends in Israeli politics, economics, and foreign policy that will direct the country?s evolution into the new century. Combining a rich variety of viewpoints among Israeli, Arab, and American scholars, representatives of the political left and right, and, among the Jewish scholars, representatives of both secular and religious perspectives, this is the single-volume source for anyone seeking to understand Israel as it enters the 21st century.
1. Moscow and Israel: The Ups and Downs of a Fifty-Year Relationship, by Robert O. Freedman
2. U.S.-Israel Relations since 1948, by Robert J. Lieber
3. Israel and the American Jewish Community: Changing Realities Test Traditional Ties, by George E. Gruen
4. Israel and the Arab States: The Long Road to Normalization, by Malik Mufti
5. Israeli Thinking about the Palestinians: A Historical Survey, by Mark Tessler
6. Labor during Fifty Years of Israeli Politics, by Myron J. Aronoff
7. The Right in Israeli Politics: The Nationalist Ethos in the Jewish Democracy, by Ilan Peleg
8. Religio-Politics and Social Unity in Israel: Israel's Religious Parties, by Chaim J. Waxman
9. The Arab Parties, by Elie Rekhess
10. From Agricultural Pioneers to the "Silicon Valley" of the Middle East: The Changing Political Economy of Israel, by Ofira Seliktar
11. The Press and Civil Society in Israel, by Michael Keren
12. Epilogue: The Israeli Elections of 1999, by Mark Rosenblum
Robert O. Freedman is president and Peggy Meyerhoff Pearlstone professor of political science at Baltimore Hebrew University. Among his previous books are The Intifada: Its Impact on Israel, the Arab World, and the Superpowers (UPF, 1991), The Middle East and the Peace Process: The Impact of the Oslo Accords (UPF, 1998), Israel Under Rabin, and Israel in the Begin Era.
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit: 13. Juni 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described on the Abebooks web sites. If
you are dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order has not arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery
date. If you have changed your mind about a book that you have ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we will respond within 2 business days.
Anbieterinformationen: Nearfine Books is a bookseller specialised in hard-to-find and out-of-print titles. We are based in London and New York.