Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Teach, assess, and document the competencies with this best-selling, step-by-step guide.
This book and downloadable tools provide a fully updated, step-by-step guide to help residency program directors, coordinators, and medical educators teach, assess, and document all six ACGME core competencies. With expanded content from 11 experts in the field, this resource offers best practices, sample tools, and in-depth expert insights for each of the competencies. Moreover, this second edition includes learning activities for each competency, as well as a new chapter on 'the hidden curriculum.'
What's new in this edition?
- New chapter examining the 'hidden curriculum' in GME, focusing on ways that the culture of the learning environment influences how residents learn to treat their patients and coworkers, as well as approaches to align the hidden and formal curricula
- Six new contributing authors who share their best practices for teaching and assessing the core competencies
- Fully updated reviews of the medical education literature to ensure you have the most up-to-date methods for documenting and measuring resident competency
- Expanded evaluation tools, forms, and resources.
With this book and downloadable tools, you will be able to:
- Get the in-depth understanding needed to teach the competencies to faculty and residents
- Use sample tools, forms, and methodologies as a basis for teaching and assessing the competencies
- Save time otherwise spent searching for competency-specific articles and resources, synthesizing the information, and developing tools from scratch
- Master difficult competencies like practice-based learning and improvement and systems-based practice
- Develop objective measures and evaluations for the traditionally more subjective competencies like professionalism and interpersonal and communication skills
This resource is organized by competency for your convenience. Each competency chapter includes:
- Definition of the competency and introduction
- Teaching suggestions
- Assessment tools
- Sample forms
- Curriculum ideas
Save time with best practices, sample tools, and in-depth expert insights into the core competencies. Order your copy today.
Who will benefit?
Residency/fellowship program director, residency/fellowship program coordinator, designated institution official, graduate medical education coordinator, GME administrator, GME committee members and leadership, director of medical education
Check out what your peers have to say about the first edition:
'A Practical Guide To Teaching and Assessing the ACGME Core Competencies is a succinct and well-organized publication that addresses each competency in its own chapter, making it easy for us to find specifics when updating our program's assessment tools. Not all groups learn by the same method, and in this book each chapter includes basic definitions, multiple strategies to incorporate the competency into the program's curriculum, and different tools to assess the effectiveness.'
- Katherine Newsum, Program Coordinator, General Surgery Residency Florida Hospital, Orlando
About the Author:
Elizabeth A. Rider, MSW, MD, FAAP, is director of academic programs at the Institute for Professionalism and Ethical Practice, Children's Hospital Boston; director of programs for Communication Skills at the John D. Stoeckle Center for Primary Care Innovation, Massachusetts General Hospital; and assistant professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. She is board certified in both pediatrics and clinical social work. She teaches and consults nationally and internationally on communication skills, relationship-centered care, reflective practice, and medical education program development.
Ruth H. Nawotniak, MS, C-TAGME, is a co-founder of the National Board for Certification of Training Administrators of Graduate Medical Education Programs (TAGME), and its first president. Nawotniak spearheaded the creation of TAGME to establish standards for the profession, to acknowledge the expertise needed to successfully manage GME programs. She currently serves as the general surgery training program administrator at the University at Buffalo-SUNY. In addition, she has presented across the country and has authored or co-authored many publications on various facets of GME.
David C. Leach, MD
Judith Bowen, MD; William Branch, MD, MACP; Eugene C. Corbett, Jr., MD, FACP; Richard Cruess, MD; Sylvia Cruess, MD; F. Daniel Duffy, MD; Frederic W. Hafferty PhD; Stacy Higgins, MD, FACP
Titel: A Practical Guide to Teaching and Assessing ...
Zustand: very good
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, Inc., 2010. Perfect Paperback. Buchzustand: Used: Good. Buchnummer des Verkäufers SONG1601467400
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, 2010. Buchzustand: Good. 2nd. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP95763706
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, 2010. Perfect Paperback. Buchzustand: Very Good. Great condition with minimal wear, aging, or shelf wear. Buchnummer des Verkäufers P021601467400
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, Inc., 2010. Perfect Paperback. Buchzustand: New. 2nd. Buchnummer des Verkäufers DADAX1601467400
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, 2010. Perfect Paperback. Buchzustand: Like New. Almost new condition. Buchnummer des Verkäufers P011601467400
Buchbeschreibung HCPro, 2010. Perfect Paperback. Buchzustand: New. Never used!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers P111601467400
Buchbeschreibung Hcpro Inc, 2010. Paperback. Buchzustand: Brand New. 2nd edition. 394 pages. 10.50x8.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 1601467400
Buchbeschreibung HCPro. PERFECT PAPERBACK. Buchzustand: New. 1601467400 New Condition. Buchnummer des Verkäufers NEW7.0737018
Buchbeschreibung HCPro. PERFECT PAPERBACK. Buchzustand: Fine. 1601467400 Like New Condition. Buchnummer des Verkäufers LN7.0737018