Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: This all-new 7th edition features a comprehensive subject review including intensive practive with the guide's drills and 3 full-length practice exams. All questions are explained in explicit detail. Smart strategies and test-taking tips help students round out their exam skills. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
REA … Real review, Real practice, Real results.
Get the college credits you deserve.
AP PSYCHOLOGY 7th Edition
Completely aligned with today?s AP exam
Are you prepared to excel on the AP exam?
* Set up a study schedule by following our results-driven timeline
* Take the first practice test to discover what you know and what you
* Use REA's advice to ready yourself for proper study and success
Practice for real
* Create the closest experience to test-day conditions with 3 full-length practice tests
* Chart your progress with full and detailed explanations of all answers
* Boost your confidence with test-taking strategies and experienced advice
Sharpen your knowledge and skills
* The book's full subject review features coverage of all AP Psychology topic and exam areas, sensation and perception, personality, abnormal psychology and psychological disorders, biological bases of behavior, cognition, learning, developmental psychology, and more.
* Smart and friendly lessons reinforce necessary skills
* Key tutorials enhance specific abilities needed on the test
* Targeted drills increase comprehension and help organize study
Ideal for Classroom, Family, or Solo Test Preparation!
REA has provided advanced preparation for generations of advanced students who have excelled on important tests and in life. REA?s AP study guides are teacher-recommended and written by experts who have mastered the course and the test.
Auszug. © Nachdruck mit Genehmigung. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.:
About Research & Education Association
Research & Education Association (REA) is an organization of educators, scientists, and engineers specializing in various academic fields. Founded in 1959 with the purpose of disseminating the most recently developed scientific information to groups in industry, government, high schools, and universities, REA has since become a successful and highly respected publisher of study aids, test preps, handbooks, and reference works.
REA's Test Preparation series includes study guides for all academic levels in almost all disciplines. Research & Education Association publishes test preps for students who have not yet completed high school, as well as high school students preparing to enter college. Students from countries around the world seeking to attend college in the United States will find the assistance they need in REA's publications. For college students seeking advanced degrees, REA publishes test preps for many major graduate school admission examinations in a wide variety of disciplines, including engineering, law, and medicine. Students at every level, in every field, with every ambition can find what they are looking for among REA's publications.
While most test preparation books present practice tests that bear little resemblance to the actual exams, REA's series presents tests that accurately depict the official exams in both degree of difficulty and types of questions. REA's practice tests are always based upon the most recently administered exams, and include every type of question that can be expected on the actual exams.
REA's publications and educational materials are highly regarded and continually receive an unprecedented amount of praise from professionals, instructors, librarians, parents, and students. Our authors are as diverse as the fields represented in the books we publish. They are well-known in their respective disciplines and serve on the faculties of prestigious high schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States and Canada.
PASSING THE AP PSYCHOLOGY EXAM ABOUT THE BOOK
This book provides an accurate and complete representation of the Advanced Placement Psychology Examination. REA's comprehensive review and three full-length practice exams are based on the AP psychology curriculum and test content and format. Each of our practice exams is designed within the official timeframe of a two-hour administration and includes every type of question that you can expect to encounter on the actual exam.
Following each of our practice exams is an answer key complete with detailed explanations designed to clarify and contextualize the material for you.
By studying the review section, completing all three practice exams, and studying our step-by-step explanations, you'll pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and put yourself in a position to master the AP Psychology Examination.
ABOUT THE TEST
The Advanced Placement program is designed to allow high school students to pursue college-level studies while attending high school. The exam is offered to high school students who have completed a year of study in a college-level psychology course. The results are used for determining course credit and/or placement in college.
The Advanced Placement Psychology course is designed to cover college-level psychology studies. Students are expected to leave the course with a college-level understanding of various approaches to psychology, types of research in psychology, the facets of human behavior and cognition, and the treatment of various mental disorders. This course is intended for highly motivated students with an interest in psychology.
The exam is presented in two distinct parts:
Multiple-choice section (two-thirds of exam grade):
This section is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions designed to measure the student's knowledge of psychology. The questions cover a wide variety of topics studied in the course. You'll have 70 minutes to complete this section of the exam, which counts for two-thirds of your final grade.
Free-response section (one-third of exam grade):
This section is composed of two essay questions designed to measure the student's analytical, organizational, and writing skills, as well as his or her background in psychology. You'll have 50 minutes to complete this section, which counts for one-third of your final grade.
ABOUT THE REVIEW SECTIONS
This book provides a comprehensive review of psychology which, when used in conjunction with a reliable textbook, will help you target the very topics you're most likely to see on the AP exam. The review covers these topics in depth:
1. Introduction to Psychology - includes: history, approaches, research methods, and careers in psychology
2. Biological Bases of Behavior - includes: studies of the brain, the nervous system, the endocrine system, genetics, and nature vs. nurture
3. Sensation and Perception - includes: descriptions of the five senses, thresholds, sensory adaptation, and sensory deprivation
4. Cognition - includes: studies of memory, thinking, and language
5. States of Consciousness - includes: sleep and dreaming, hypnosis, meditation, and psychoactive drugs
6. Learning - includes: examples of classical and operant conditioning
7. Intelligence - includes: the heredity vs. environment argument and measure of intelligence
8. Motivation and Emotion - includes: drives and instincts, incentives, social learning, arousal, romantic love, and stress
9. Developmental Psychology - includes: infancy and childhood through adolescence, to adulthood and later life, and sex roles and differences
10. Personality - includes: psychoanalytic theory, trait theory, humanistic approaches, behavioral theories, biological studies, and personality assessments
11. Social Psychology - includes: studies on conformity, compliance and obedience, group dynamics, aggression, and organizational behavior
12. Abnormal Psychology - includes: history and definition, types of disorders and an introduction to the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)
13. Treatment of Psychological Disorders - includes: psychodynamics, behavioral, cognitive, biological, and humanistic approaches and types of therapy
SCORING THE EXAM
The multiple-choice section of the exam is scored by crediting each correct answer with one point and deducting one-fourth of a point for each incorrect answer. Unanswered questions receive neither a credit nor a deduction.The free-response essays are evaluated by psychology instructors and professors. The two essays are weighted equally and the total weight of the free-response section accounts for one-third of the total score. The multiple-choice section constitutes two-thirds of the total score.
Your score on the multiple-choice section and your grade on the free-response section are combined and converted to the program's five-point scale:
Colleges participating in the Advanced Placement Program usually recognize grades of 3 or higher.
Rule of Thumb: Examinees who perform acceptably on the free-response section of the test generally need to answer correctly between 50 and 60 percent of the multiple-choice questions to get a total grade of 3.
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association, 2005. Buchzustand: Fair. 7th. N/A. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP84190699
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. Paperback. Buchzustand: VERY GOOD. Very Good copy, cover and pages show some wear from reading and storage. Binding may have light creases. Lots of life left in these pages. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 2615369000
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association, 2005. Buchzustand: Good. 7th. N/A. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Buchnummer des Verkäufers GRP14432721
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. Paperback. Buchzustand: Fair. Buchnummer des Verkäufers G0738600679I5N00
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. Paperback. Buchzustand: Good. This book has a light amount of wear to the pages, cover and binding. Buchnummer des Verkäufers G0738600679I3N00
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. Paperback. Buchzustand: As New. Excellent condition with minimal visible wear. Buchnummer des Verkäufers G0738600679I2N00
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. Paperback. Buchzustand: Good. Book shows minor use. Cover and Binding have minimal wear, and the pages have only minimal creases. Buchnummer des Verkäufers G0738600679I3N00
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association. PAPERBACK. Buchzustand: Good. 0738600679 Meets the good condition guidelines. Has some writing/highlighting. Has wear. Five star seller - Buy with confidence!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers Z0738600679Z3
Buchbeschreibung Research & Education Association, 2005. Paperback. Buchzustand: Used: Very Good. Buchnummer des Verkäufers SONG0738600679
Buchbeschreibung Buchzustand: Good. AP Psychology 7th Edition (REA) - The Best Test Prep for the AP Exam (Advanced Placement (AP) Test Preparation). Buchnummer des Verkäufers SKU0756442