Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: INTRODUCTION (1) PART 1: PLANNING YOUR WALK About the Ridgeway (History, How difficult is the Ridgeway, How long do you need?), Practical information for the visitor (Accommodation, Food and drink, Money, Other services, Information for foreign visitors, Walking companies), Budgeting (Accommodation, Extras), When to go (Seasons, Temperature and rainfall, Daylight hours, Annual events), Itineraries (Which direction? Highlights, Village and town facilities, Suggested itineraries, Mountain biking, Walking with dogs), What to take (Keep it light, How to carry it, Footwear, Clothes, Toiletries, First-aid kit, General items, Sleeping bag, Camping gear, Money, Maps, Recommended reading), Getting to and from the Ridgeway (National transport, Getting to Britain, Local transport, Local transport map and details) Sources of further information (2) PART 2: MINIMUM IMPACT TREKKING Economic impact, Environmental impact, Access, Outdoor safety (Avoidance of hazards, Weather forecasts, Blisters, Hypothermia, Heat exhaustion and heatstroke, Sunburn) (3) PART 3: THE ENVIRONMENT AND NATURE Conserving the Ridgeway (Natural Heritage, Campaigning & conservation organizations), Fauna and flora (Mammals, Reptiles, Birds, Trees, Flowers (4) PART 4: ROUTE GUIDE & MAPS Using this guide, Stage 1: Overton Hill to Ogbourne St George, Stage 2 Ogbourne St George to Liddintgon, Stage 3 Liddington to Letcombe Regis, Stage 4 Letcombe Regis to Goring, Stage 5 Goring to Nuffield, Stage 6 Nuffield to Chinnor, Stage 7 Chinnor to Wendover, Stage 8 Wendover to Wigginton, Stage 9 Wigginton to Ivinghoe Beacon (5) APPENDICES (6) MAP KEYS (7) INDEX. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: A new title in Trailblazer's 10-title series of British Walking Guides. The Ridgeway begins near Avebury and runs 85 miles across the high chalk downs of Wiltshire, into the Thames Valley and on to the Chiltern Hills of Buckinghamshire, finishing at Ivinghoe Beacon near Aylesbury. This is the oldest road in Britain, some of it dating from prehistoric times. It?s a popular six-day walk.
· 10 town plans and 50 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 – showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and much more. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
· Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entirety over one to two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
· Practical information for all budgets – camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; Avebury through to Ivinghoe Beacon – where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
· Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points on the Ridgeway
· Flora and fauna – four page full color flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife
· Green hiking – understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it
The Ridgeway begins near Avebury and runs 85 miles across the high chalk downs of Wiltshire, into the Thames Valley and on to the Chiltern Hills of Buckinghamshire, finishing at Ivinghoe Beacon near Aylesbury. This is the oldest road in Britain, some of it dating from prehistoric times. It?s a popular six-day walk.
‘...the Trailblazer series stands head, shoulders, waist and ankles above the rest.
They are particularly strong on mapping...? The Sunday Times
· Includes 50 walking maps – the largest-scale maps available At a scale of just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to one mile) these are bigger than the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
· Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay and eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
· Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the 85-mile route in its entirety or sampling the highlights on day walks or short breaks. Includes detailed public transport information for all access points.
· Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to stay, where to eat: pubs, hotels, B&B, camping, bunkhouses, hostels.
Buchbeschreibung Trailblazer Publications, 2006. Paperback. Buchzustand: Very Good. The Ridgeway: Avebury to Ivinghoe Beacon (Trailblazer British Walking Guide) This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Buchnummer des Verkäufers 7719-9781873756881
Buchbeschreibung Trailblazer Publications 2006, 2006. New paperback. Fine and unread. Buchnummer des Verkäufers A72348
Buchbeschreibung Trailblazer Publications, 2007. Paperback. Buchzustand: New. book. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 1873756887