Servant-Leadership Across Cultures: Harnessing the Strengths of the World's Most Powerful Management Philosophy
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlichAlle Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Buchnummer des Verkäufers ABE_book_new_0071664351
Über diesen Titel:
We are all under new pressure to produce more for less money?and in less time. Ultimately, this cannot be done unless bosses are able to?in service of their organization?bring out the best in their people.
That is the essence of servant-leadership, the management philosophy originally outlined by organizational expert Robert Greenleaf in the 1970s. It?s a philosophy whose time has truly come.
- The mission statement of TDIndustries, a regular on Fortune?s list of 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, prioritizes ?intense ?people development? efforts, including substantial training budgets.?
- When an error at Motorola caused $100,000 in damages to equipment, no heads rolled; instead, the responsible employee was encouraged to develop a system based on what he?d learned; all told, Motorola saved more than a million dollars.
- When Sematech, the International Institute for Semiconductors, joined with competitors like Intel, AMD, Siemens, and Sony, the result was smarter and better business for all, via shared innovation and communication.
For such progressive companies, mere institutional power is no longer enough. Their secret is the empowerment that servant-leadership provides, and it can make the difference between the success of your organization and its downfall.
With Servant-Leadership Across Cultures, you?ll come to understand how and why doing the right thing pays off for everyone?not just for your business partners, but for the world.
Manage cross-cultural workforces using the secrets of two international leadership gurus!
As our economy globalizes at ever faster rates, managing employees from diverse cultures is becoming the norm?and it can be an extraordinarily complex task. As a leader, how do you make sure everyone?s values are recognized? How do you resolve grievances arising from value differences in the most pragmatic ways? The answer is servant-leadership.
Grounded in the idea that business leaders exist to serve others while remaining focused on the bottom line, servant-leadership works for Starbucks and Southwest Airlines, and they?re not alone. In fact, servant-leadership is practiced at a third of Fortune?s 100 Best Companies to Work for. Servant-Leadership Across Cultures explains how to:
- Identify and fulfill the needs of employees from any cultural background
- Reconcile apparent contradictions, even deep-seated or culturally based ones
- Tend to both long- and short-term organizational needs
- Build community, social capital, and loyalty through stewardship
- Manage the difference between a fatal error and a chance for improvement
You?ll also benefit from the lessons of key executives from Dell, Bang & Olufsen, Motorola, Shell, and others?all of whom have used servant-leadership to raise not just their organizations? social stature, but also the bottom line.
Titel: Servant-Leadership Across Cultures: ...
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Lewiston, NY, USA
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 7. Mai 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.