ISBN 10: 1130725650 / ISBN 13: 9781130725650
Gebraucht / Anzahl: 0
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlich
Alle  Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen

Über dieses Buch

Leider ist dieses Buch nicht mehr verfügbar. Bitte geben Sie Suchbegriffe in das untenstehende Formular ein, um ähnliche Exemplare zu finden.

Beschreibung:

This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Buchnummer des Verkäufers

Über diesen Titel:

Inhaltsangabe: This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1893 Excerpt: ...fifteen feet square and is thirty feet high. In 1880 the severed portion of the rock was father, John Faunce, who came over in the Ann in 1623, had repeatedly told him the story. He was old enough to have heard the story from the Mayflower's passengers themselves. He was ten years old when Governor Bradford died, twenty-four when John Howland died, nine years old when Myles Standish died, and thirty-nine when John Alden died, and he would have been at least likely to have learned from them whether the story of his father was correct or not. Leaving the rock, and proceeding towards the centre of the town once more, we pass through Leyden street, where the Pilgrims built their dwellings, to Town Square, where may be seen the " Congregationalist Church of the Pilgrimage," with its chapel adjacent. It was erected in 1840, and its chapel is believed to stand on the exact spot occupied by the first church of the Pilgrims. Of this first structure but little is known except that it was erected in 1638 (the forefathers before that time worshipping in the fort on the hill) and had a bell. In 1683 a new building was erected, not on the same lot, but farther out in the square and fronting it. This was forly-five by forty feet, sixteen feet in the walls, had a Gothic roof, diamond windowglass and a bell. In 1744, still another church was built on or near the same site. This remained until the present one was built, which stands further up the hill than the previous ones. Nearly opposite the "Church of the Pilgrimage" is an old building, now the town house. This was built in 1759, as a county court house, the town contributing a part of the cost for the privilege of using it. When the new court house was built in 1820, this building was purchased by t...

„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.

Bibliografische Details

Zustand: Used

AbeBooks ist ein Internet-Marktplatz für neue, gebrauchte, antiquarische und vergriffene Bücher. Bei uns finden Sie Tausende professioneller Buchhändler weltweit und Millionen Bücher. Einkaufen bei AbeBooks ist einfach und zu 100% sicher — Suchen Sie nach Ihrem Buch, erwerben Sie es über unsere sichere Kaufabwicklung und erhalten Sie ihr Buch direkt vom Händler.

Millionen neuer und gebrauchter Bücher bei tausenden Anbietern

Neue und gebrauchte Bücher

Neue und gebrauchte Bücher

Neue und gebrauchte Exemplare von Neuerscheinungen, Bestsellern und preisgekrönten Büchern. Eine riesige Auswahl an günstigen Büchern.

AbeBooks Startseite

Antiquarische Bücher

Antiquarische Bücher

Von seltenen Erstausgaben bis hin zu begehrten signierten Ausgaben ? bei AbeBooks finden Sie eine große Anzahl seltener, wertvoller Bücher und Sammlerstücke.

Antiquarische Bücher

Versandkostenfreie Bücher

Versandkostenfreie Bücher

Hier finden Sie viele hunderttausend neue, gebrauchte und antiquarische Bücher, die Ihnen unsere deutschen und internationalen Händler versandkostenfrei liefern.

Versandkostenfreie Bücher

Mehr Bücher entdecken